Entry-Level Online Workshops
Enhance your knowledge of content creation within the game industry.
VFS CONNECT online workshops have everything you need to take meaningful steps towards portfolio development for post-secondary study and your dream career. Developed by a team of industry professionals, our workshops will give you insight into the Game Design industry.
4-day course, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. PST (includes 1-hour break)
**Students must confirm they are at least 16 years old at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
**Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to Esports (online)
Explore content creation like never before in Esports – the rapidly growing (and highly-addictive) world of competitive video gaming. This is an incredible opportunity to learn from industry experts Shawn Caldera and Andrew Simon of The Gaming Stadium, Canada’s first Esports arena.
Learn about the content creation process, revenue streams, content ownership, gaps in current platforms, and the future of gaming content creation. This workshop series will give current & future creators the tools for achieving a lasting and fulfilling career in content creation.
- Better your understanding of the content creation industry within the gaming and Esports world.
- Delineate the various categories of content creation within Esports & gaming, and the accessibility of each general pillar.
- Demonstrate proficiency in understanding metrics, KPIs and data projections.
- Identify and understand the revenue sources of content creation, and how to utilize these sources in your career.
- Emerge with a digital content creator portfolio.
- Modern computer/laptop with working mouse and keyboard
- Working, high-speed Internet
- Access to a Twitch or YouTube account
October 16-17 & 23-24, 2021 – **Sorry, this workshop is now closed.**