Entry-Level Online Workshops
Evolve your skills. From portfolio to career development.
Whether you have prior training in a related field or no experience at all, our entry-level workshops have everything you need to take meaningful steps towards portfolio development for post-secondary study and your dream career. We welcome enthusiasts, high school students, mature students, and anyone looking to make a career change. Developed by VFS's team of industry professionals, these workshops will give you insight into what the Game Design program at VFS can help you achieve.
4-day course, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. PST (livestream session with instructor)
**Students must confirm they are at least 16 years old at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
**Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
Intro to Game Design: Unreal Engine (online)
Explore Game Design and the Unreal Engine in this introductory workshop. Whether you’re looking to learn Unreal, or take meaningful steps into developing your skillset for further post-secondary study in Game Design, this workshop is for you.
Learning Outcomes - Participants will:
- Learn how to navigate the Unreal Engine 4 editor software.
- Create materials using Unreal's material editor and learn about modern rendering techniques.
- Design and create a playable level with high-quality game assets.
- Learn the basics of Unreal’s Blueprint scripting system to create interactive level elements.
- Iteratively test and balance a functional game implementing their work.
- Unreal Engine – Creators License (download here)
- Computer with dual monitors (recommended), microphone, and camera (optional)
- Stable Internet connection
*Students must confirm they are 16 years or older at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
Saturdays & Sundays, Feb. 20-21 and 27-28, 2021 – **ONLINE workshop**
“Vancouver is home to one of the top video games clusters in the world with a vibrant mix of domestic and international companies.
Over 170 video game development studios are located here producing top-flight games that are known and loved the world over, in turn creating billions in annual revenue and employing thousands of professionals in Vancouver.”